Every apartment building has its own unique problems with implementing and maintaining a recycling program. The Multi-Family Dwelling Program is designed to assist apartment building managers, owners and residents comply with recycling laws.
All businesses and institutions in Westchester County will be required to recycle the following:
- High-grade paper (white and colored office paper)
- Newspaper (including glossy inserts)
- Cardboard (corrugated and grey)
- Glass (bottles and jars)
- Metal (food and beverage containers)
- Plastics (coded 1 through 7)
- Yard waste (during fall leaf season)
- Bulk metals (i.e. large fixtures and appliances)
- Vehicular batteries (lead-acid)
- Used motor oil
Please note: recyclables should be set at the curb, loose in a container and not in plastic bags.
Your compliance with this law is mandatory.
Read the Guide to Curbside Recycling for information on curbside recycling, and call (914) 813-5425, the Recycling HelpLine, for more information or if you have additional questions.