As its name suggests, the Westchester County Department of Environmental Facilities oversees the operations of various facilities that deal with the environment. These include the:
- County's Material Recovery Facility (the recycling center)
- Garbage transfer stations
- H-MRF (for hazardous and "hard-to-dispose-of" waste)
- County sewer treatment plants
- Four county water districts
The commissioner of the department is Thomas Lauro, P.E.
The following annual reports cover all wastewater, water and solid waste operations.